An old club welcomes new members!
Formed in 1889, the club has many long-standing members, but is just as proud of the warm welcome it offers to all new members. The club’s facilities are designed to encourage new members and help them fit in and get the most out of their golf.
New members can get playing straight away with open sessions every day of the week.
- Easy to enter weekend and weekday tournaments – just book any available slot to turn up and play! No need to be in a 4 ball.
- Elevenses Roll-Ups – friendly informal competitions on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Roll up for 10.45 for random 3 / 4 ball games from 11.00*.
- Early Bird Roll-Ups at 08.00 – keep the afternoon clear on Monday, Wednesday and Fridays with a similar format to Elevenses, just roll up for quarter to 8*.
Handicaps and a variety of competitions (Stableford, best ball etc.) give everyone a chance to win.
*All groups are currently following appropriate COVID-19 precautions.
Come on be an EGG
An EGG is a member of the Beverley and East Riding golf club Elderly Gentlemen’s Golfing Society. To be an EGG you must:
- Be playing member of this Golf Club
- Be a gentleman (some of the time at least)
- Be elderly. This is loosely defined as someone over 55 who is more or less retired.
- Pay an annual subscription of £6
Once you are an EGG you can:
- Play competitively against EGGS from other clubs in the East Riding. We play 15 other clubs home and away between March and October on a Monday or a Thursday. You don’t pay green fees when you play away but you do pay for lunch both at home and away. The charge varies from club to club. Here the cost is £9.50. The format is match play between eight teams of two players. Presently the teams are chosen on a first come first served basis from the moment the list is posted on our notice board.
- Play for the EGGS in matches where we are paired with or against members of Beverley Ladies team, a fixture played two or three times a year.
- Play in club competitions specifically for EGGS. There are a few of these spread through the year. We arrange to play in open senior competitions elsewhere too.
- Play informal competitions with other EGGS on most Mondays and Thursdays at 9 am tee off time throughout the year. You turn up as and when you want, and we make up threesomes and foursomes according to whoever turns up. The chat varies but turning off a hearing aid is also allowed (and understandable). Cash prizes may be won using 50p or so match fees contributed by those who play that day.
- Buy and wear an EGGS polo/sweatshirt and/or cap in tasteful shades of blue
- Join our annual away day to a course chosen each year and to mini away days we organise
- Take part in our Christmas lunch at the club – partners are welcome
The Beverley EGGs include experienced golfers clinging on to former glories (or not), complete novices, and everything in between. Your golf ability or handicap is no barrier to participating in EGGS’ activities. You’ll find that we are fairly sociable and among us there are models of tolerance, gentle humour, kindly advice and scholarly wit but not many and not necessarily in the same person. We are not grumpy old men (except for Eddie, John, Brian, Dave… Oh well, OK then, we are grumpy old men!)
If you want to find out more about the EGGS, you can turn up and play with us on Monday or Thursday morning at 8:45 when we are not playing a match against another club, or contact the captain.
It’s easy to join with no joining fee or waiting list and packages to suit all golfers.
For membership enquires and current offers, please contact the Office or Professional Shop on 01482 868757
See our Membership page for details
- Play whenever you want on the oldest inland course in Yorkshire
- Use of the changing room and lockers
- Maintain an official CONGU handicap, which allows you to play in qualifying competitions
- Play in Open competitions at other clubs
- Play in national competitions run through magazines and websites
- Social Functions
Welcome Lady Golfers!
We are a golf club for everyone and have been welcoming lady golfers for over 100 years!
Today Beverley and East Riding Golf Club has an active and friendly ladies’ section who enjoy a wide range of golfing and social events, including events with the men’s section.
Our ladies play most of their competitions on a Tuesday, but there are also numerous opportunities to play ladies and mixed golf in the week and at the weekends.
Ladies also have the opportunity to represent Beverley and East Riding Golf Club in inter-club matches which range from competitive to more social and friendly fixtures. This is a great way to make new friends and get the chance to experience playing other golf courses.
During the year we also hold fun competitions, away days, invitation days, open competitions and social/charity events.
Great Practice and Coaching Facilities
The club boasts plenty of warm-up, practice and learning areas including
- a large well-kept putting area
- a practice net
- a chip and pitch area
- a large practice area on the Westwood
Senior and junior golf professionals offer lessons for all ages and pockets with a hi-tech training room which has all the latest equipment to improve your swing.
The club shop is widely regarded as one of the best in East Yorkshire, providing great choice, value and customer service.
It is also East Yorkshire’s Premier custom-fit centre, stocking and supplying all major brands.
Booking Couldn’t be Easier!
The Club has recently introduced the electronic tee booking system enabling everyone to book tees and join an array of competitions in the club calendar.
See you at the 19th!
The Clubhouse is open!
The clubhouse has a fully stocked public bar and a range of food for all occasions.
It is also the proud home of The Marne Restaurant and award-winning chef Shane Tate.